Monday 9 July 2018

Cookridge to Golden Acre Park (North West Leeds) (The End) (1 mile) - 1st July 2018


Must turn right on the Leeds Country Way! 
Reminding myself I must turn right, I must turn right...I caught the No. 6 bus from the bus station to Cookridge.  Had to follow the stops online on my phone as I've never travelled by bus on that route.  Reached Cookridge and got off OK and headed towards Pinfold Lane and picked up the Leeds Country Way route.  I reached the crucial junction and seeing people I turned right, right indeed.  Passed the Old Rushes Farm and sought reassurances with some passerbys.  





Going in the right direction!

I reached Breary Marsh Nature Reserve and followed the edge of the wood towards Golden Acre Park.  I eventually crossed the broadwalk and metal bridge and saw the coveted Leeds Country Way signpost!  The very signpost when I began my first walk on the Leeds Country Way!  I did it!  Celebrated my achievement with lunch at the Park's lovely cafe.








Walking the Leeds Country Way has been a great experience and got to see a lot of Leeds and surrounding areas' green belts - the woods (some I've never heard of prior), the becks, the countryside and so on.




One criticism must be the overgrown paths on some of the stretches and the poor signage as well which result me in getting lost and had to re-walk some of the stretches to be on track.  Anyway a highly recommended trail and no regrets.  I encourage many to do the 100 km/62 mile walking trail and yes do it in summer for a minimum muddy experience! 

Made it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookridge to Golden Acre Park (North West Leeds) (The End) (1 mile) - 1st July 2018

Must turn right on the Leeds Country Way!   Reminding myself I must turn right, I must turn right...I caught the No. 6 bus from the ...