Sunday 8 July 2018

Rawdon to Bramhope (North West Leeds) (7 miles) - 24th June 2018

The final walk?



The final walk or is it?  Didn't know the answer at the time I've got off the 33 bus at Rawdon and continued on the Leeds Country Way.  At the beginning it was very overgrown in parts - I don't think many walk the trail, particularly this stretch, which is a shame.  Reached Hunger Hills Woods in Horsforth, a lovely wooded area, and got lost.  Ended up on Lee Lane West and had to retrace my steps back to the woods and on course.  Again the signage is poor and I was certain I took a massive diversion around the university campus off Brownberrie Lane.  


  


The Leeds Country Way

Rejoined the trail after passing the campus and via Wheastone Plantation Wood where I crossed farmland and the Airport landing lights to a village called Scotland.  More farmland walking towards Cookridge via crossing the railway bridge. 




With the end in sight so I thought I turned on Pinfold Lane in Cookridge.  The mistake I made is straight on towards Bramhope instead of turning right towards Breary Marsh.  I think the map I had is deceptive with its short packed description of the route.  Too hot to continue I called it a day and made my way to the bus stop for the bus (X84) back to Leeds.  There was a nearby cafe but closed its door earlier than the closing time!  "The end" would have to wait until the following week!

Cookridge, The Leeds Country Way



Should have turn right instead of straight on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookridge to Golden Acre Park (North West Leeds) (The End) (1 mile) - 1st July 2018

Must turn right on the Leeds Country Way!   Reminding myself I must turn right, I must turn right...I caught the No. 6 bus from the ...