Wednesday 13 June 2018

Pudsey (West Leeds) to Thornbury (West Leeds/East Bradford) (4 miles) - 9th June 2018

Take One (Pudsey to Bankhouse) (3 miles) - 28th March 2018

Had a wet, cold and miserable time attempting the next leg on the Leeds Country Way,  Got lost and disorientated and endured the never ending mud and puddles.  I eventually turned on the wrong path and ascended up to Bankhouse.  Walked on the streets to try and rejoin the trail but gave up and headed to Chapeltown Road for my bus home.



A wet, cold and miserable day on the Leeds Country Way!








Take Two (Pudsey to Thornbury) (4 miles) - 9th June 2018




 What a contrast than to my last attempt!


This walk was a pleasanter experience than my last attempt.  To begin with the sun was shining and it was dry though very warm.  I was a bit disorientated in Pudsey so I waited at the station for the 205 Dewsbury bound bus for Roker Lake Bottom.  There I rejoined the Leeds Country Way...rewalked the stretch until I reached Bankhouse Bottom and I turned on the RIGHT path towards Black Carr Wood, ascended up Westroyd Hill, and reached the Fox and Grapes Pub.  I decided to not stop for a drink and continued on my way.





Descended down the hill and ascended up the fields until I reached a railway crossing.  Had to wait as a train was passing but crossed once the light turned green.  From there walked up Daleside Road towards Bradford/Leeds (A647) Road.  I finished my walk and caught the No. 72 bus back to Leeds.







 

Not long to go...just another 10.5 miles or so to go!


An empty phone box, Thornbury

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookridge to Golden Acre Park (North West Leeds) (The End) (1 mile) - 1st July 2018

Must turn right on the Leeds Country Way!   Reminding myself I must turn right, I must turn right...I caught the No. 6 bus from the ...