Wednesday 13 June 2018

Gildersome (South Leeds) to Pudsey (West Leeds) (3 miles) - 24th March 2018


Rejoining The Leeds Country Way




A couple of weeks later I returned to the Leeds Country Way.  It took me a while to get my orientation in Gildersome when the bus dropped me off in the village.  I eventually found the road where I needed to 
walk and rejoined the fields where I got lost last time. 





I religiously followed the Leeds County Way map and its instructions including "reaching the bottom of the field", "bearing left", "crossing a stream" and "turning right at the first group of bushes".  Still it was a challenge as there were no signposts so I headed diagonally towards the direction of Gildersome.  I eventually found a LCW marker and rejoined its path towards Cockersdale.



 

I stopped for a drink at the Valley Inn in Cockersdale and afterwards I descended down the hill towards Nan Whins Wood and walked through them until reaching Tong Lane, outskirts of Pudsey.

Waterfalls Enroute



Buses are hourly from there to either Pudsey or Dewsbury so I had to wait a bit until I got on the Pudsey bound 205 Arriva bus and at Pudsey bus station I got my bus home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookridge to Golden Acre Park (North West Leeds) (The End) (1 mile) - 1st July 2018

Must turn right on the Leeds Country Way!   Reminding myself I must turn right, I must turn right...I caught the No. 6 bus from the ...