Tuesday 12 June 2018

Upper Batley Area to Gildersome (South Leeds) (6 miles) - 27th February 2018







 


I picked up where I left off the previous day.  I began descending up, passing through Birkby Brow Woods, and climbed up to the open fields towards Bruntcliffe.  The weather was snowy (though it didn't snow) but we had sunshine.  I crossed the M62 and M621 motorways towards Gildersome.  It certainly isn't a favourite stretch of mine which I've walked on the Leeds Country Way as I walked roadside through heavily built up and industrial areas.



Cloud formations on the Leeds Country Way, South Leeds





Eventually I reached the village of Gildersome and headed towards the fields.  This is where I lost my orientation and ended up being lost.  I was going round in circles for a while and ended up in Drighlington.  The village's buses is proxy with its irregular and sparodic service so I ended up walking through the village towards the A58 where I would catch the 254 bus back to Leeds.





I waited ages for the Leeds bound bus and it started to snow heavy.  Being wet and cold I eventually welcomed the dry warm bus for the ride back to the City Centre.  On the next walk I'll start at Gildersome and continue on the Leeds Country Way.


Leeds Country Way, South Leeds







No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookridge to Golden Acre Park (North West Leeds) (The End) (1 mile) - 1st July 2018

Must turn right on the Leeds Country Way!   Reminding myself I must turn right, I must turn right...I caught the No. 6 bus from the ...